FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How can I book my rental?
The best way is by booking online to ensure that a car is waiting for you. Please bear in mind that renting a car is likely to be more expensive during the high season (May - September) and your first choice of vehicle may not always be available.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept payment online using the following credit cards:
- Diners Club
- American Express.
Our website´s payment system uses the SSL protocol to provide a secure connection so you can be assured that your sensitive data is protected. Please be aware that the credit card owner always needs to show a valid credit card upon collection of the vehicle. The card owner can be the driver or any passenger accompanying them.
What documents do I need to provide you with?
You must provide us with:
a. A valid passport of the renter.
b. A valid driver's license of the driver (the license MUST have been valid for at least 1 year).
c. A valid credit card of one of the passengers.
If you are considering adding another driver to your booking then they need to provide us with a valid passport and driver´s license (again, the license has to have been valid for at least 1 year).
Please be aware that there is an age limit on renting a vehicle from us. You must be AT LEAST 20 years old to rent from us. This is limit is raised to 23 years of age for ALL 4WD vehicles.
Is my driver's license valid in Iceland?
Driving licenses from EEA member states are valid in Iceland. This applies to ALL categories of license. Driving licenses from countries outside of the EEA are also valid but for Category B vehicles only. If your license is NOT printed in Latin characters then it MUST be accompanied with a translation in either Icelandic, English, Danish, Norwegian or Swedish.
What features are included in my rental?
The following features are all included:
- Unlimited mileage
- VAT (24%)
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Gravel Protection (restricted to certain models only)
- Super Collision Damage Waiver (restricted to certain models only)
- Theft Protection (restricted to certain models only)
- GPS (restricted to certain models only)
What is the minimum rental period?
The minimum rental period is 24 hours.
When can I collect and return my car?
At Keflavík International airport our pick up and drop off service is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our remaining locations are open between 9.00am and 18.00pm seven days a week.
If you have any queries relating to our service then drop us a line at email@example.com
Where can I collect and return my car?
You can collect and return your car from the following locations:
a. Keflavík International airport
b. Reykjavík city area (at any hotel/address)
c. Keflavík city area (at any hotel/address)
d. Reykjavík - Keflavík Office
I've arranged to collect my car at the airport. What do I need to do?
Upon arrival at Keflavik International Airport one of our representatives will make themselves known to you by holding a card with your name clearly displayed on it.
They will then proceed to take you to your vehicle and complete the paperwork.
Do you offer refunds on vehicles that are returned earlier than agreed?
Unfortunately no refund is possible unless you have let us known prior to pickup.
Can you guarantee that I will receive the vehicle I booked ?
We can always guarantee that a model from either the same or a higher category will be available but not necessarily the exact brand/model you requested.
Do you offer any roadside assistance?
Our emergency breakdown assistance is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The phone number is +354 787 4444.
We work in conjunction with service providers throughout Iceland. If you are unfortunate enough to have an accident (or the car breaks down and we cannot repair it) we will replace the car with a new one.
What do I need to be aware of when driving in Iceland?
- Crossing rivers. If you do need to ford a river, try crossing it at its widest point as that is where the river is likely to be at its shallowest.
- Losing control due to ice on the road.
- Losing control due to visual distractions. We know Iceland is beautiful, but do please concentrate on the road rather than admiring the scenery whilst driving!
- Farm animals either on or attempting to cross the road.
- Opening car doors in extreme wind conditions.
- Losing traction on unsurfaced roads. This is particularly true where the surfaced road suddenly becomes a gravel road and you have not reduced your speed.
- Damage to wheel(s) and tyre(s) as a result of driving with an undetected flat tyre(s).